- Paul Tracy, CART race car driver won his first world title in Champ Car in 2003. He had a 27 point advantage over 2nd place in the championship. He’s one of my favorite drivers and has been trying to win the CART championship for 12 years.
- Twenty-seven = The number of world championships for the New York Yankees after defeating the Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series in six games.
- Twenty-seven = Babe Ruth’s number multiplied by Roger Maris’, three and nine. It is also the number formed when combining Derek Jeter and Mickey Mantle’s number, two and seven.
- Twenty-seven = the number of doubles for Derek Jeter in 2009 and the amount of doubles Jeter now has in his postseason career after his double in the clincher.
- 7 + 2 = 9: Years between the past two titles. The longest such drought was 18 years, which happened between 1978 and 1996, and this one is the third-longest in team history. The second-longest occurred between 1962 and 1977.
- 7-2 = 5: Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera. The only five Yankees remaining from the 2003 World Series loser.
- Darrell Rasner. The last Yankee to wear No. 27 during a game, back in 2007. Joe Girardi currently sports the number.
- “The Bankers Case” on the U.S. Version of Deal or No Deal
- Law and Order (t.v. show) – The show is centered around the 27th precinct.
- On June 30th, 2006 the Simpsons Episode “Girls Just Want to Have Sums” a scene has a very funny 27 sighting.
(Lisa thinks of math, as math symbols speak to her in her mind)
Greater-than or Equal-to Sign: Do it Lisa! You’ll be greater than or equal to boys.
Number Eight/Infinity Sign: Even though you’re only eight (flips over to side to be infinity sign), your possibilities are infinite.
Number Twenty-Seven: Twenty-seven! (in a goofy voice)
- There are 27 steps of Puja. Puja is a religious ritual that Hindus perform on a variety of occasions to pray or show respect to God (or gods).
- JOHN THE BAPTIST’S 30th birthday was 1 Abib[Nisan 3787] which was
- Thursday, March 27th, 27 AD, whereupon “the word of God came unto
- John[the Baptist]“[ref. Luke 3:1-23]. Recall that this date was
- precisely four hundred eighty-three true lunisolar calendar
- years after the date that Ezra had left Babylon with Artaxerxes’
- decree to restore levitical rule and the people to Jerusalem. Mormon leader Brigham Young had 57 children with 16 of his 27 wives. Matthew 27: Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection Genesis 1:27
- So God created man in his own image,
- in the image of God he created him;
- male and female he created them. But if one takes Christ’s baptism in A.D.27 as the terminus of the 4000 years of Old Testament chronology, then one should add a further 30 years (to reach A.D.2027) before Christ will begin to rule on earth. This latter date is most interesting because the last time a command was given to rebuild Jerusalem (with its walls) as Daniel said would occur in the Seventy Weeks’ Prophecy was in A.D.1537 when the Turkish ruler Suleimon gave such an order. To summarize then, we have the chronological tree that employs a plan of seven thousand years, or one week, a day representing one thousand years. The Bible demonstrates exactly four thousand years followed by prophetic indications for the remaining two thousand years to the return of Jesus Christ to this earth. The year for the completion of the “end of the age” is 2027. This date can be calculated three separate ways and each way yields the year 2027! There must be some mistake with the date, because a 1999 religious ruling by Hamas spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmad Yassin says that the date of the establishment of the Islamist state in Palestine, on the ruins of Israel and in accordance with his understanding of Torah prophecy, would be in 2027 – that is, 40 years after the outbreak of the first Intifada. There are 27 books in the New Testament of the Bible. In the article on PI you notice 4 digits that are significant:
- 3279. the 27 is in the middle of these 4 digits. And 3 x 9 = 27.
- It is God’s divine fingerprint to prove the Bible is the true and living Word of God. They appear after counting 27 places after the decimal, which is God’s way of pointing us to the Trinity. 3 x 3 x 3 = 27. from the 3 27 9 you can see:
- Old Testament = 39 books
- New Testament = 27 books There are 27 generations from David to the Christ according to the Gospel of Matthew. The 27th (3x3x3) book of the Protestant Bible edition contains 3x3x3x30 verses. The 3rd book contains 3x3x3 chapters and 3x3x3x3x3x3+130 verses. The 3 first books of the Bible have 3x3x13 chapters. In the appearances in Dozule, in France, Jesus dictated 27 Latin sentences to Madeleine who however does not know Latin. The 27 Masters who pursued the murderers of Hiram. It is at the age of 27 years old that Jesus precluded to his evangelization, according to visions of Mary Agreda. The last book of the New Testament, the 27th, is the Revelation John and his feast is celebrated on December 27. For the Indians, the god Soma was accompanied by 27 women. The book of the Acts of the Apostles in the NT uses on the whole 27 different numbers, which are numbers 1 to 12, 14, 15, 20, 40, 70, 75, 120, 200, 276, 400, 450, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 50000. The number 500 is used 27 times in the Bible. Among the 365 different numbers found in the Bible, 27 of them are prime numbers, counting the number one. According to Alfred Weysen, twenty seven is a lunar symbol, indicating the light in darkness. It is the symbol of the divine light. 19/11/2027 – cure for cancer prophecy 9=3×3 symbol of Holy Trinity. We live in a 3 dimensional world….. So if the Holy Trinity is everywhere…it would exist in all dimensions… 3x3x3 = 27. After a work on the “City complex” on Mars according to Viking images, there are in the measurements a lot of connections with Jesus. It means merely the number 27. The first image of the Face was illuminated in an sun angle of 27º. The whole complex (from the western pyramid of the city to the little crater pyramid) is capable into 27 units. Some angles of the objects have included the number 27 (54º). That all means the number “9″ (total of the digits). “9″ is the “number of Mars” – AND the “number of Jesus”! (see Linda Goodman “Star Signs”, 1987.)
- More at: http://marsfind.hain.nwy.at/index7.htm
- The key elements in the above excerpt that we’ll focus on here are the HAND, the number 27, and the idea that there was once a universal language spoken with hand gestures sometime prior to the event at the Tower Of Babel. When I first approached Stan a couple years ago to get his opinion on the alphanumerics work I was doing with the English alphabet, he strongly implied there was probably no point in trying to establish or discover a system of gematria using the English alphabet. He did say, however, there is a connection between the English alphabet and the Hebrew alphabet but he seemed reluctant to explain just what that connection actually is. With that in mind, I continued the work with the English alphabet despite his apparent rejection of the idea. Recently I decided to apply this simple form of alphanumerics to his findings as described above and came up with some interesting results. Using the formula of A=1, B=2, C=3, and so on, the first thing I found was this: HAND =27
- That was a nice one right off the bat, seeing as how (1) I found the number 27 encoded within the English alphabet when the letters from the opposite ends of the alphabet are combined into pairs, and (2) there are 27 letters in the Hebrew alphabet when all the vowels are included. Take a look at the illustration of the hands. I seem to recall having seen old paintings of some Catholic saints raising their hand in this 3-finger configuration. If my recollection is correct, I wondered what this “hand sign” might mean. It would be interesting if it related to the following: HAND OF GOD = 74 = POINT = JESUS = LUCIFER
- THREE FINGERS OF GOD = 181 LEFT HAND OF GOD = 117 = DOUBLE HELIX = HAND OF JEHOVAH
- THE LEFT HAND OF GOD(150) + 27 = 144 = THE GOD OF ISRAEL = NINE IS THE KEY HAND = 27
- Two hands, then might be thought of as 27 + 27:
- 27 + 27 = 54 = TONE = VOICE = BREATH
- RIGHT HAND = 89
- LEFT HAND = 70
- 89 + 70 = 159 = THE FIRST BREATH BOTH HANDS = 72, mirror of 27 and also:
- 72 + 72 = 144 = THE GOD OF ISRAEL = NINE IS THE KEY THE THREE TONES = 162
- ONE+SIX+TWO = 144
- THE THREE TONES + HAND = 189 = THE TONE IS THE KEY HAND OF GOD = 74 JESUS = 74 LUCIFER = 74 Do Jesus and Lucifer each represent a HAND OF GOD? ENGLISH = 74
- HAND x 2 = 54 = VOICE
- Is English somehow connected to the voice of God through our two hands? Is this a clue to the connection between the English and Hebrew alphabets? Remember, THE GOD OF ISRAEL = 144 = NINE IS THE KEY HAND=27=9 The Hebrew alphabet is composed of 22 letters but, with the vowels included, the number of letters is 27. The number 27 is also encoded in the structure of the English alphabet and can be found by combining A+Z=27, B+Y=27, C+X=27, and so on through the entire alphabet. HEBREW(61) + ENGLISH(74) = 135 = THE NINE KEYS
- From: http://www.caus.org/codezone/cz042800.shtml Related Links http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_27.asp http://www.bibleprophet.com/james13.html http://www.globalprophecy.com/ http://www.scripturessay.com/q416a.html The number 27 is the number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet (when the 5 vowels are added to the 22 consonants). This may be a symbolic link between the Hebrew alphabet and the Roman/English alphabet, which might lend some justification to the idea of using the Roman/English alphabet as a tool of gematria.
- More at: http://members.aol.com/codeufo/endtimes_intro.html Replace each of the letters in the name “Lucifer” with the number of its position in the alphabet (L=12, u=21, c=3 etc). Multiply these numbers (12*21*3 etc), and you get 3674160. Add these digits. Voila! You get 27!
- Loretta got a full-time position at Penn State and the offer letter was presented to her on June 27th. Her favorite number is 12 and the salary ended in 012. Thus our connection comes with the number 27 and 12 was presented in the same sighting.
- In the first month at my PSU job I come to the conclusion that my team needs a Web programmer to assist with our projects. After putting the requests through HR and getting approval the job is posted on Penn State’s Web site. Each job has a unique ID and it mysteriously happen to be 27072, which is interesting for multiple reasons. One, it starts with 27, but it also end with 27 in reverse. Also, the number is a palindrome, which is the same number forward and backwards. Soon after that I met Loretta for lunch and our customer number was 000000027.
- My daughter, Adriana, was born on November 1st, 2006 at 12:27am, which is 0027 per millitary and hospital time. 12:27am has a unqiue property since that 1+2=3, 2+7=9 and 9×3=27. Also Adriana’s unique hospital ID was 2772.
- 2004 Stanley Cup playoffs – Every year our department at C-COR has a hockey pool and everyone puts in $10. After the season is over the person who wins takes the money and throws a party for everyone. So really the money won is spent and all things become equal and everyone has a good time. Well I never wanted to be in it because I didn’t care about hockey. Well they begged me to be in it this year and the way it works is that every week the guy sends an email out with the team choices and how many games each series will go to (max of 7). If you get the right team you get a certain number of points and if you pick the correct number of games in the series you get a bonus. Well I told the guy that I didn’t want to do anything for this hockey pool so right now put me down for 7 games per series and in every team choice pick the top seat and that’s it. No favorites, no math, no analyzing anything. My picks were pretty much already determined from the start. Also in-case of a tie breaker we had to pick the number of goals scored in the final series. Of course I picked “27″. Well last night was the last game of the series between the two two teams. It went to 7 games the the team I picked long long ago won and I won the whole pool! ALSO, just for fun I had them calculate the number of goals scored in the last series and guess what number it was? Yes, 27 goals. It kind of freaked the guys out and they took a few steps back. :)
- Athens 2004 is the location of the Summer Olympic games next year. The Olympic games started more then 2700 years ago in 776 B.C. (2004 + 776)-1 = 2779. the minus 1 is because it we are looking for how long the games have gone on for since 776 to 777 is 1 year and not 2. Well guess what my phone number at my parent’s house where I grew up? 774-2779.
- At the 2003 C-COR IT Holiday party we had an anonymous gift exchange. Everyone was given 3 cards out of a deck. When I turned over my randomly picked cards I have 2, 7, and a King in that order. The funny thing is obviously the 27 in the correct order but on top of that my sisters and parents are always calling me the King because my mom said I’m her favorite offspring (jokingly).
- My father’s birthday is 7/29, guess what the square root of 729 is ? 27!
- My father met and married my Mother when he was 27 years old.
- One of the most important aspects of Darwin’s intellectual development was the famous Beagle voyage, G a circumnavigation of the globe. On December 27th 1831 he set out on board the Beagle. The voyage allowed Darwin to pursue his interests in geology, botany, anthropology, and biology. He took a small low-power microscope on the voyage, and made many observations.
- Record-breaking fourth hurricane hits Florida on September 27th, 2004.
- Hurricanes require a special set of conditions, including ample heat and moisture. For a hurricane to form, there must be a warm layer of water at the top of the sea with a surface temperature greater than 27 °C (80 °F). This is why most level five hurricanes occur over warm tropical oceans. Also, a level 5 hurricane has a barometric pressure of 27.17 or lower.
- Systemic Enzymes Diminishes After Age 27
- The pressure at the center of the Earth is 27,000 tons per square inch. At the center of the giant planet Jupiter, the pressure is three times as great.
- 1 megalithic yard = 2.72 British feet
- Large triangle on the Moon formed by three circular features (distinguishable from the APP172.jpg Clementine image – http://www.waldonet.net.mt/(tilde)mufor/clement.htm) is 272 miles on each side. [Mercieca is referring to the large triangular formation photographed by the 1995 DOD (Pentagon) Clementine mission to the Moon, subsequently "leaked" to the Enterprise Mission (see below). The formation seems, in the extensive analysis conducted by Hoagland's team, to consist of three "glass towers," spaced in a precise equilateral triangle (the 272-mile spacing of each side of this great triangle is numerically self-referential to this equilateral, i.e., "tetrahedral," triangle) -- the 272-mile triangle roughly straddling the current "Sinus Medii" central region of the Moon. This is also the same region photographed by the Earth-based Lick Observatory in 1937, presented by Hoagland at Ohio State in 1994, first revealing the dark, smaller "equilateral triangle" in the bottom of the 16-mile diameter crater Ukert. Ukert is the largest crater located at times (due to "lunar librations") directly under the "sub-Earth point"of the near-side of the Moon -- close to 0 degrees latitude and longitude.]
- The crater Ukert (16 mile triangle) is [precisely!] tangential to one side of the larger 272-mile triangle.
- If the diameter of the Earth = 1, the diameter of the Moon = 0.272 [another inexplicable, "tetrahedral/ equilateral" numerical relationship -- this time for the entire Moon ...]
- The Moon is currently 60.27 Earth radii away from us and is moving away imperceptibly. [Actually it is moving away at about 1/8 inch per year.] Exactly 200,000 years ago the Moon was [.27 radii closer to the Earth -- another numerically significant "tetrahedral relationship"] 60 Earth radii away.
- Over the millennia, all the stars are shifting in relation to Earth, due to a
phenomenon known as precession. The direction that Earth’s axis is pointing is
slowly, almost imperceptibly, changing, in much the same way that a spinning
top leans one way and then another. This precession occurs because Earth
is not a perfect sphere, but is about twenty-seven miles wider in diameter at
the equator than between the poles. The bulge in the middle is caused by Earth’s
rotation. Earth’s slow wobble traces out a circular pattern in the sky, and it
takes twenty-six thousand years to complete one circle. For this reason,
Polaris will not always be the “North” Star. In about fifteen thousand years,
the star Vega will take the place of Polaris in the northern sky. By A.D. 27,990,
Polaris will return to its present position as the North Star.
- The biggest snake in the world is the anaconda of South America. The largest anaconda ever was 27 feet (8.45 meters) long and more than 3 feet (1 meter) around with a weight of close to a quarter ton.
- About 27 tons of dust rains down on the earth each day from space, making a total of almost 10,000 tons each year.
- The world record for the 100 yard dash is 27.1 miles per hour
- Earth is nearer the sun in January than it is in June – by almost 5 million km (3 million miles). Earth leans slightly on its axis. It is 23 degrees and 27 minutes off the perpendicular to the plane of orbit. This planetary pose is what causes all the variety of our climate, since it determines how many hours and minutes each hemisphere receives sunlight.
- The red kangaroo of Australia can jump 27 feet in one bound.
- Easter Island, Chile, Geographical location: 27° 10′ S, 109° 27′ W – Thanks Bree!
- Never again in our lifetimes will the Red Planet be so spectacular! This month and next Earth is catching up with Mars, an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. . The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. . Due to the ways Jupiter’s gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the last 5,000 years but it may be as long as 60,000 years. The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification, . Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. . Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August Mars will rise in the east at 10 p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m. But by the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30 a.m. That’s pretty convenient when it comes to seeing something that no human has seen in recorded history. . So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. . Share this! No one alive today will ever see this again.
- 27% of the Earth’s crust is silicon.
- There are 27 bones in an adult human hand.
- The sun rotates every 27 days.
- The average density of the US is 27 people per square kilometer.
- The atomic number of Cobalt is 27.
- 2700 B.C. – The Indus civilization begins to emerge around the Indus valley in southern Asia.
- 27 B.C. – Octavian becomes the first Roman emperor; the Senate names him Augustus.
- The next close-call for Earth is expected August 7, 2027, when a 0.62-mile-size object called 1999-AN10 passes just outside the lunar orbit at 0.00265 AU, or 245,000 miles.
- For a typical human of 70 kg, there are almost 7*1027 atoms
- According to the British music magazine Mojo (December 2007) and the Spanish language newsweekly Proceso, and other Latin American publications, the title was also inspired by Chapter 27 of Robert Rosen’s book Nowhere Man: The Final Days of John Lennon. Rosen’s book explores the numerological meaning of 27, “the triple 9”, a number of profound importance to John Lennon. Lennon was deeply interested in numerology, particularly Cheiro’s Book of Numbers, and nine and all its multiples.
- Aidan Stevens, bassist of the London-based band ‘This Is Not A Dead Transmission’ has the number 27 on his guitars which are all black and silver.
- The band Marvelous 3 has a song called “#27″ on their “Hey!” Album, which was released on October, 27th, 1998.
- Country music singer Gretchen Wilson also see the number 27 in her life. She has a #27 on a dogtag on her neclace and her official fan club is called Club 27.
- “Weird Al” Yankovic is obsessed with the number 27 and hides them all over his album artwork, videos and even in his music. Check out the Weird Al 27 List.
- The Metallica albums “Load” and “Reload” were one recording split into 2 separate released albums. Load and Reload had a combination of 27 tracks. The sound of the albums also defined the “new” Metallica. Load is also the first and only Metallica album that I actually bought. Provided by, Erik.
- As well as being the first music video ever shown, ‘Video Killed the Radio Star’ was also the millionth shown on MTV on February 27th, 2000. It’s also the 3rd most aired video in MTV history. Peter Gabriel’s ‘Sledgehammer’ is 1st.
- Katherine Heigl will star in the romantic comedy, 27 Dresses for Spyglass Entertainment. Variety notes Heigl will play a single woman who has served as a bridesmaid 27 times.
- In the film, “U.S. Marshals,” early in the film, Tommy Lee Jones strikes a perpetrator who is biting him; he strikes the perp on the head with a shotgun. When the Marshal, Katherine Walsh is discussing this with him, she notes that the perp required “27 stitches” on his head.
- Elf (2003) – The cab that hits Buddy is 4 x 27, and he talks with his dad under a shield with a large 27 on it.
- Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) – The cab the mom gets out of is 127, and the football player that gets wheeled into the hospital is number 27.
- Very Bad Things (1998) – Cameron Diaz says she’s been waiting 27 years to get married.
- Contact (1997) – There are 27 radar dishes and number 27 is the one that picks up the signal.
- Fifth Element, The (1997) – When they send the probe into the big sphere for the first time, one of the guys says that the growth rate is at 27%. Also, after Corbin blows up the door in the escape hanger, we see the bomb’s big, red display showing 27 seconds left.
- Full Monty, The (1997) – In the supermarket one of the guys says he has 27 pence.
- World According to Garp, The (1983) – The taxi that Ellen James hails for Garp has a 27 on the door.
- G.I. Jane (1997) – At the beginning of the movie, when they are looking for candidates for the program, someone picks up a file and says that the person is 27 years old.
- Good Will Hunting (1997) – There is a scene with a baseball game. The main player is number 27.
- Murder at 1600 (1997) – There were 27 cameras covering the White House.
- Saint, The (1997) – At the beginning of the movie, Val is listening to himself on a tape recorder… He says that someone’s vehicle was driven by a younger son who is now 27 years old.
- Crucible, The (1996) – The head minister checks 27 people for witchery.
- Moscow on the Hudson (1984) – Robin Williams’ character defects from Russia and is taken to precinct 27 in NYC.
- Shawshank Redemption, The (1996) – Tim Robbins’ character’s prison number ends with 27.
- Escape from L.A. (1996) – At the beginning of the movie, a reporter says that someone was “…convicted of 27 immoral crimes.”
- Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) – The original incident happened “27 years ago”. The number is repeated several times in the film.
- Great White Hype, The (1996) – 27 seconds into the first round, the fight is over.
- Independence Day (1996) – The alien spacecraft (at Area 51) is in hangar number 27.
- Michael (1996) – William Hurt is talking about why he got fired from his last job… He says something about an old man who worked for his company for 27 years.
- People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1996) – When Larry meets Alan Isaacman for the first time, Alan is 27. Also, the first exhibit for the first court case shows that there are 27 other men’s magazines sold in the Connecticut area.
- Striptease (1996) – One of the dancers has a snake and it dies so the bouncer (Shad) has to go get a new one, the owner of the club tells him that there is an all night snake farm on highway 27.
- Thinner (1996) – When the guy in the bar is giving directions, he says, “Out on 27 and North on 1.”
- Time to Kill, A (1996) – The secretary has been married for 27 years.
- Billy Madison (1995) – Billy is 27 years old.
- Mighty Aphrodite (1995) – Woody Allen is talking about his body being chopped up and put into 27 mason Jars.
- Usual Suspects, The (1995) – it is stated that 27 men died on the pier during the shoot-out. This is revealed when agent Kujan is talking to Sgt. Rabin, trying to convince Rabin to allow Verbal to be interrogated.
- Scout, The (1994) – At the end of the movie they say “27 up, 27 down” a couple of times. In baseball terms that’s 3 outs for all 9 innings (3 X 9 = 27).
- Street Fighter (1994) – After Bison gave his “beautiful speech”, a boat passes by with a big 27 on it.
- L.A. Story (1991) – Steve Martin says, “She’s not that young. She’ll be 27 in four years.”
- Super, The (1991) – Joe Pesci’s dad owns 27 buildings.
- I Love You to Death (1990) – The old mother says (as she’s reading it from a tabloid) that someone was stabbed 27 times.
- Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) – Someone says, “Don’t touch that. It is a diplomatic pouch, protected under Article 27 of the Geneva Convention.”
- Couch Trip, The (1988) – George says, “I’ve had too many valium.” And Vera replies, “Actually it was 27, George.”
- Switching Channels (1988) – At the beginning of the movie Kathleen Turner says, “It will be Chicago’s first electrocution in 27 years.”
- Twins (1988) – In the beginning we find that the nearest land from Julius’ island was 27 miles away, but he doesn’t care.
- Back to School (1986) – When Rodney starts his oral exam, the first teacher says, “I only have one question… in 27 parts.” Rodney says, “I’d like to break him in 27 parts.”
- Color of Money, The (1986) – Paul Newman says, “Here’s you… Here’s Atlantic City… In between is about 27 pool halls.”
- Better off Dead… (1985) – The paperboy, who wants his two dollars, has a 27 on his bike. His bike is the only one, out of hundreds of paperboys on bikes, with a number on it.
- Brewster’s Millions (1985) – When the team arrives in helicopters, John Candy says, “27 players and every one of them’s got their own place.”
- Cocoon (1985) – Brian Dennehy’s character says, “We’d like to rent your boat for 27 days,” and Steve Guttenberg says “27, wow that’s my lucky number.”
- Real Genius (1985) – When Kent is talking to “Jesus”, he says that he heard something about a test on the 27th, but he doesn’t know where.
- High Road to China (1983) – In one of the opening scenes there is a 27 on the door that the killer opens.
- Return of the Jedi (1983) – A Mon Calamari says to Admiral Akbar, “Sir, fighters in sector 27”.
- Blade Runner (1982) – When we first see Daryl Hannah, she’s walking down the street in the city… in one of these scenes a police car drives by with a big 27 on the front of it.
- Outland (1981) – “Sean Connery, Peter Boyle science fiction that takes place on Jupiter’s moon Io, at mining facility Con-Am 27”
- Howling, The (1980) – Tony writes… The werewolf “Charlie” at the beginning of the movie who was stalking newscaster Karen White lived in room “27” at his boarding house.
- Oh, God! Book II (1980) Oh God book II, George Burns checks into a hotel room number 27. He even comments on it.
- Oh, God! (1977) – George Burns stays in room number 2700 (on the 27th floor, naturally). John Denver asks how to get to the 27th floor and is told that the building only has 15 floors.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2003) – Toula says “I have 27 first cousins! 27!”
- Men in Black II (2002) – The opening episode of an old t.v. show about flying saucers, is episode 27. This is repeated in the film several times.
- Chapter 27 (2007) – A film about Mark David Chapman in the days leading up to the infamous murder of Beatle John Lennon. “Chapter 27,” is a reference to the 26 chapters in the J.D. Salinger coming-of-age novel “The Catcher in the Rye,” which Chapman cited as his inspiration for the murder. Chapman has said he identified with the book’s hero, who hated phonies, and gunned Lennon down because he thought him a hypocrite.
- The Big Lebowski (1998) – When Walter pulled out his gun in the bowling alley he broke article #27 of the league rules. This was told to the “dude” on the phone the next day by the league’s organizer.
- The Village (2004) – Near the end of the film the blind girl climbed over the wall and the security guard got on the radio and said “we have somebody at mile 27″.
- The Passion of the Christ (2004) was 127 minutes long.
- In Aliens (1986), when Ripley and Newt are waiting for bishop on the landing pad, the queen alien uses the elevator and the number 27 is on the outside of the door.
- In Alien Resurrection (1997), when Father, the computers voice of the ship, announces that non human presence is detected, one of the floors that he says is 27- Thanks, Erik.
- In Secret Window (2004), Shooter drives a car with a license plate that says “CTO * 270″ – Thanks, Erik.
- In Pulp Picture (1994) the word F*ck was used 271 times. The director of the movie, Quentin Taratino, was born on March 27th, 1963.
- Lost in Translation (2003) was filmed in 27 days. From, Scott
- 27 years after the first Star Wars movies they have officially been announced to be released on DVD on Sept 21st, 2004.
- In Goodfellas (1990) after Maury was killed his wife came over to Henry’s house all frantic because she has lived with him for 27 years and he came home this late. – Thanks, Erik.
- In Terminator 3 (2003), When Arnold is hanging form the crane trying to be crashed into a building, he jumps over an ambulance w/ a 27 on the side.
- Also in T-3 the Terminatrix was sucked onto particle accelerator with a big yellow 27 stamped on the pipe.
- Fifth Element – When they send the probe into the big sphere for the first time, one of the guys says that the growth rate is at 27%. Also, after Corbin blows up the door in the escape hanger, we see the bomb’s big, red display showing 27 seconds left.
- Back to the Future 2: When Marty McFly gets hit over the head, he wake up on the 27th floor
- Legendary comedian and actor Bob Hope served as master of ceremony solo and with others a total of 16 times, and he participated in a record 27 Academy Awards presentations. No other individual has come close in their number of appearances in the annual award ceremony.
- In the 2003 Film “Matrix: Reloaded” Neo and Clan had to knock out 27 blocks on the power grid to gain access to the central computer of the matrix. Behind the door was the Architect of the Matrix.
- In the movie “Independence Day” the alien spacecraft was located in hanger 27.
- In the movie “The Italian Job” the sum of money in gold was 27 million dollars.
- In the movie “Minority Report” during a search for Tom Cruise the head sensor detects “27 warm bodies”
- The movie “28 Days Later” was released on June 27th, 2003 and if you think about it, 27 days has passed before that point.
- In the movie “Little Nicky”, when he first enters the apartment, the number 27 shows up on the door. For those who don’t know, he is the son of Satan in the movie.
- In “Little Nicky” again, when he plays basketball against his brother he is wearing a jersey with the number 27 on it.
- We compared healthcare to four other industries. How many different nodes in the healthcare system are involved in a patient transaction? Healthcare is a 27 – it would take 27 bits to understand what other nodes are involved in the transaction, over 1 billion questions. – Bill Rouse
- Mukesh Ambani, Indian businessman, is currently building the world’s most expensive house – a 27-story skyscraper in downtown Mumbai costing $2 billion.
- The name of a popular cigarette, Marlboro Blend No. 27
- The number of outs in a regulation Professional baseball game for each team.
- Ken Blackburn held this Guinness world record for 13 years (1983–1996) and had regained the record on October 8, 1998 by keeping his paper plane aloft for 27.6 seconds (indoors).
- The European Union (EU) is a political body, made up of 27 member states, the majority of which are located in continental Europe.
- May 28th, 2007 – The United States and Iran broke a 27-year diplomatic freeze Monday with a four-hour meeting about Iraqi security. The American envoy said there was broad policy agreement, but that Iran must stop arming and financing militants who are attacking U.S. and Iraqi forces.
- (April 18, 2007)—Between the time he shot two people to death in a campus dormitory and opened fire two hours later killing 30 students and professors in an engineering building, Virginia Tech senior Cho Seung-Hui took time to mail a package of videos, photos and text to NBC in New York. The package, containing 27 videos, 43 still photos, one audio recording and an 1800-word manifesto, arrived by regular mail Wednesday morning.
- The ratification required by at least 36 states — three-fourths of the 48 states then in existence — has to be identical to the amendment passed by Congress. Benson cites federal documents affirming that for state approval to be acceptable, neither words nor punctuation can be changed. And the states may not violate their own state constitutions in ratifying the amendment. Of the 48 states, here’s the story:
- Eight states (Rhode Island, Utah, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Kentucky, Florida, Virginia and Pennsylvania) did not approve or ratify the amendment.
- Texas and Louisiana were forbidden by their own state constitutions to empower the federal government to tax.
- Vermont and Massachusetts rejected the amendment with a recorded vote count, and only later declared it passed without a recorded vote after the amendment was declared ratified by Knox.
- Tennessee, Ohio, Mississippi, California and Washington violated their state constitutions in their ratification procedures.
- Minnesota did not send any copy of its resolution to Knox, let alone a signed and sealed one, as required.
- And Oklahoma, Georgia and Illinois made unacceptable changes in wording. (Some of the above states also made such changes, in addition to their other unacceptable procedures.)
Take 48 states, deduct these 21, and you have proper ratification by only 27 states — far less than the required 36.
- Barbaro (April 29, 2003 — January 29, 2007) was an American thoroughbred that decisively won the 2006 Kentucky Derby. Undefeated going into the race, Barbaro was sent off as the second choice of the betting public, at odds of 6:1, in a full field of 20 horses. Barbaro charged ahead during the last turn and straightaway of the race to win by 7 lengths. This margin of victory at the Kentucky Derby was the largest since 1946, when Triple Crown winner Assault took the Run for the Roses by eight lengths. Barbaro’s win made him only the sixth undefeated horse to win the Kentucky Derby. The manner of his Derby victory led to speculation that Barbaro might be a “superhorse,” the likes of which had not been seen since Affirmed and perhaps even Secretariat, arguably the greatest American thoroughbred of all time. On May 20, 2006, he ran in the Preakness Stakes as a heavy favorite, but he fractured three bones in and around the ankle of his right hind leg shortly after the start of the race. The next morning, Dr. Dean Richardson performed a fusion of the fetlock and pastern joints to stabilize it and make it strong enough for Barbaro to walk on. It was a five hour procedure and was one of the toughest surgeries he had ever performed. Richardson successfully implanted a Synthes stainless steel Locking Compression Plate and 27 screws into the colt’s injured leg to span the comminuted fracture and joints. Barbaro was euthanized on January 29, 2007 around 10:30 AM EST by decision of his owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson, who indicated that they felt that his pain was no longer manageable.
- On March 2nd 1796 Napoleon was named commander of the army of Italy at the age of 27.
- The ancient Egyptian civilization remained an undecipherable mystery, until mid-19th Century. On September 27, 1822, the French scholar could decipher hieroglyphic symbols, through his study of Rosetta stone.
- NEXT TO ACTION COMICS #1, Detective Comics #27 is perhaps the most sought-after comic book in the world today, and there is only one reason why: Batman.
- Google’s birthday is 9/27/1998.
- Jeremy Hermida (#27), second ever to hit slam in first at bat. The only other player with a grand slam in first major league at-bat was pitcher William “Frosty Bill” Duggleby, who did it for Philadelphia at home against the New York Giants in the second inning on April 21, 1898.
- In 2004, Angel’s #27 baseball player Vladimir Guerrero won the American League MVP.
- The Red Sox won the MLB World Series for the first time in 86 years on October 27th, 2004, which happen to also be a full lunar eclipse.
- Ronald Reagan spent 27 years as a radio sports commentator until noticed by a Warner Bros agent who arranged for a screen test that led to a studio contract and his first movie in 1937.
- In 27 years Ronald Reagan made almost 60 films. In only one did he play a villain and that was in his last movie, The Killers (1964).
- The audiogram at age 27 is considered the baseline since it shows the best hearing threshold levels
- St. Joseph’s basketball team had the longest winning streak in the nation. They also finished the regular season with a perfect record. They were also number one for the first time in their history. All that stopped though last night when everything came to end with 27 wins. – from Erik
Season 1 of G.I. Joe contains 27 episodes. – from Erik
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers won their first championship on the 27th year of their existence. – from Erik
- The Bingo game was first played in the UK in June 1986. Bingo is played a little differently in the UK as compared to the US. There are 27 spaces on a typical bingo card with each card having 3 rows and 9 columns. Only 15 numbers are on the cards so there are several empty spaces. Each row will have five numbers and 4 spaces. There is no free space and no letters corresponding to the numbers.
- A official croquet lawn is 27 meters long.
- After twenty-seven years, Betty Rubble made her debut as a Flintstones Vitamin in 1996.
- BUELL WESLEY FRAZIER (FBI Statement, CE 2009, WC Vol. XXIV, p. 408):
“As OSWALD turned to walk south toward the TSBD Building, FRAZIER
observed that OSWALD had this package under his right arm, one end of the
package being under his armpit and the other end apparently held with his
right fingers.” (Not almost touching the ground). NOTE: An object of
approximately 27 inches, held as Mr. Frazier described it, by a man of
Oswald’s height, would fit almost exactly between the right hand and the
right armpit. At approximately 35 inches, it would extend up to the middle
of the right ear.
- The “expert” is probably John Hogue. But I have doubts about his
interpretations regarding the 27 years third world war or that the next
antichirist will be the third antichrist. Although Nostradamus says that the
war of the antichrist will last for 27 years, but that simply may mean “his
struggle” will last that long – not the actual third world war. Other
prophecies indicate that the third world war will last for a short period,
probably anything between 2.5 to 4 years. It is said that after the third
world war will come the reign of the “Great Monarch” when an unprecedented
peace will prevail. But after his death Antichrist will appear again (may be
27 years after WW-III ?) and the “End of the World” will follow.
- On August 27th, 2001 the Australian government ordered 433 asylum seekers fleeing Saddam Hussein on a boat were sent to Nauru, a small pacific island. The name used for this unlikely idea is called “The Pacific Solution” The Afghanis on board the now infamous Norwegian cargo ship The Tampa, claimed to be fleeing not only the Taliban but centuries of religious persecution. The Australian Navy ensure refugees keep their distance People smugglers had promised them a new life in Australia, in return for thousands of dollars. But instead of a new life, Australia effectively sold them to the near-bankrupt island of Nauru, thousands of miles away into the middle of the Pacific. In return, Australia paid Nauru $30 million. Amnesty International was allowed a one-off visit to Nauru before the island was effectively “shut down”. The 400 people are being held in camps with nothing to do and no visitors are allowed. If wonder how terrorists are “born”, well now you know.
- In 1965:
One of history’s greatest engineering failures occurred without warning at 5:27 p.m. on Nov. 9, 1965, when a single electrical relay failed at the Sir Adam Beck Station No. 2 in Ontario, Canada, causing a key transmission line to disconnect. A so-called “cascade failure” quickly ensued, as dozens of major power grids overloaded and failed, ultimately plunging 30 million people in darkness.
On August 14th, 2003:
Mayor of NYV, Pataki reluctantly recalled one of the two major blackouts of the last 40 years in the Northeast -the 1965 power failure, which left an 80,000-square-mile stretch of the United States and Canada without electricity for as much as 27 hours. “It wasn’t supposed to happen again,” he said, “and it has happened again. And there have to be some tough questions asked as to why.” 50 million were without power at some point.
- Acupuncture was first used as a medical treatment in 2700 BC by Chinese emperor Shen-Nung.
- The coined saying “The Whole 9 Yards” – This came from WW II fighter pilots in the Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the . 50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, the target got “the whole 9 yards.”
- There are 34 “Reindeer” place names in the US; 27 are located in Alaska.
- In 1982 a British company launched the BOC Challenge single-handed race around the world. It has now been renamed AroundAlone, stating: “One person, One boat, Around the world”. It is the longest race on Earth for an individual in any sport, spanning 43,000 km (27,000 miles) of the roughest and most remote oceans. The finish line literally is a world away.
- During the 1991 Gulf War, the Allies dropped more than 17,000 smart bombs and 210,000 dumb (unguided) bombs on Iraqi troops. total 227,000 bombs
- The Walt Disney company was founded in 1923, and in 1927 Walt came up with the idea for an animated mouse called Mortimer Mouse. His wife Lillian convinced him to change it to Mickey Mouse.
- The average number of peanuts in a box of Cracker Jacks is 27.
- The ancient Egyptian civilization remained an undecipherable mystery, until mid-19th Century. On September 27, 1822, the French scholar could decipher hieroglyphic symbols, through his study of Rosetta stone.
- NASA’s Ranger 8 hit the Moon at 2.7 deg N, 24.8 deg E in the Sea of Tranquility.
- Walt Disney World is 27,000 acres large.
- The Boeing 727′s fuselage is 127 feet.
- 270 – The first compass is used in China about this time.
- Project X Sky at the Stratosphere – The vehicle travels about 27 feet over the edge and riders experience free-fall maneuvers while racing back and forth repeatedly over the edge. More info
- 3 / 11 = .27 with 27 repeating
6 / 11 = .54 with 54 repeating
9 / 11 = .81 with 81 repeating
12 / 11 = 1.09 with 09 repeating
15 / 11 = 1.36 with 36 repeating
18 / 11 = 1.63 with 63 repeating
21 / 11 = 1.90 with 90 repeating
24 / 11 = 2.18 with 18 repeating
27 / 11 = 2.45 with 45 repeating
30 / 11 = 2.72 with 72 repeating
The repeating digits are below:
27 54 81 09 36 | 63 90 18 45 72
Notice that the pattern starts at 27 and once it reaches 36 the numbers reverse and end at 72. This pattern continues every 10 digits using multiples of 3 divided by 11.
Another interesting thing is that I’ve heard that some have found interesting correlations between 27 and 11. I’ve had people tell me “No, I don’t see 27s often, but I do see 11s.”
- Mayan calendar:
60 X 60 X 24 X 364 = 31449600 = add em up = 27. From, Scott
- present day calendar:
60 seconds/min X 60 minutes/hour X 24 hours/day X 365.25 days/year =
31557600 = add em up = 27. From, Scott
- There are 29.97 frames of video per second (f/s) in video. There are 60 seconds in a minute (s/m). There are 60 minutes in an hour(m/h).
2+9+9+7 = 27.
Now, 29.97 f/s x 60s/m = 1798.2 = 1+7+9+8+2 = 27.
Now 1798.2 f/m x 60 m/h = 107892 = 1+0+7+8+9+2 = 27.
Now that stops our measurement of time but lets continue.
107892 x 60 = 6473520 = add em up = 27.
6473520 x 60 = 388411200 = add em up = 27.
Now, multiplying this by 60 again will not work however,
388411200 / 27 = 14385600 = add em up = 27.
Now, that we used 27 again lets go back to 60,
14385600 / 60 = 239760 = add em up = 27.
239760 / 60 = 3996 = add em up = 27.
Now lets add all the numbers from the equations we used but do not use what each equation was equal to. Go right down the steps.
29.97+60+60+60+60+27+60+60 = 416.97 = add em up = 27.
It seems to me that the number 60 is very closely related to 27. From, Scott
- Add the digits of Elvis Presley’s birth date (8th Jan 1935): 8+1+1+9+3+5=27
- My father’s birthday is 7/29, guess what the square root of 729 is ? 27!
729 / 2 = 364.5 (days in a year). 364.5 / 27 = 13.5.
13.5 x 2 = 27
- 1 + 9 + 9 + 8 = 27
The logical next step, then, would be to note that right around 1989 I started noticing 27. 1989 also adds up to 27. 89, 98, the difference between any two numbers opposite is always a power of 9 (figured out that in HS when playing with numbers). 98-89=9. An interesting thing about 9 is that it’s multiples are 1,3,9. Multiply those together and you get 27.
- Counting from the decimal point in Pi, 27 appears the first time after 27 the digit.
- The numbers surrounding the first 27 in Pi are 9 and 3. 9×3=27
- Pi contains a few self-locating strings, but not many. Defining self-locating depends how you count the “position”. If you treat the first digit after the decimal point as digit “1″ (which the pi searcher does), then you get the following numbers which can self-locate themselves in the first 50M digits of pi: 1, 16470, 44899
If, on the other hand, you act like a computer geek and use zero based indexing, then you get these numbers: 6, 27, 13598, 43611, 24643510 More at: http://www.angio.net/pi/piquery
- In the earlier discussion regarding Three-Dimensional Reality, It was broken down, or rather built up, into 27 components. This number 27 was found to be the sum of 3 X 9. This new number 36 is the sum of 4 x 9. The difference between these two numbers is 9. This can be seen symbolically as the definition of reality added to the definers of reality in the nine digits. As was shown previously though, one of the 27 has the value of zero. Rather than 27 + 9 equaling 36, it should be 26 + 10. While the zero is not really a number, it does have a definite value and place in the system. For the purpose of this part of the work though, we will try to first analyze more of the values of nine: 9, 18, 27, and 36.
- 27 = 20 + 0! + 3!
- 27 is the first odd cube greater than 1.
- 27 is equal to the sum of the digits in its cube. (273 = 19683 and 1 + 9 + 6 + 8 + 3 = 27)
- All positive integers are the sum of at most 27 primes.
- 27 is the smallest integer which is the sum of three squares in two different ways.
(27 = 12 + 12 + 52 and 27 = 32 + 32 + 32)
- the ASCII number for the escape key is? “27″ is returned in ASCII character () when you hit the escape key. Escape from what? everything! we are trapped! they have us!
Joseph Merrick aka “The Elephant Man”. He died strangely of suffocation at the age of 27. born: august 5, 1862 died: April 11, 1890
- The First Blood Shed for the Revolution – The first casualty associated with the start of the American Revolutionary War was a man named Crispus Attucks, who died alongside several associates during the infamous “Boston Massacre.” Attucks was 27 years old and a natural born leader, according to his friends. He was also an escaped slave.
- Kurt Cobain – April 5, 1994 – 27 – heroin OD/shotgun to the head
- Masaccio – June, 1428 – 27 – poisoned?
- Jimi Hendrix – September 18, 1970 – 27 – vomit inhalation from drugs
- Janice Joplin – October of 1970 – 27 – drug overdose
- Jim Morrison – July 3, 1971 – 27 – heart failure
- Brian Jones – 3rd of July, 1969 – 27 – drowning
- Thuy Trang – September 3rd 2001 – 27 – car crash
- Jeremy Ward – May 25, 2003 – 27 – Drug Overdose
- Keiko – December 12, 2003 – 27 – pneumonia
- Jean-Michel Basquiat – 08/12/1988 – 27 – drug overdose
- Ron “Pigpen” McKernan – 03/08/1973 – 27 – liver failure
- Kristen Pfaff – 06/16/1994 – 27 – drug overdose
- Freaky Tah/Raymon Rogers – 03/28/1999 – 27 – murder
- Robert Johnson – August 16, 1938 – 27 – poisoned
- Highest Death Toll From An Airplane Disaster – The worst ever air disaster took place on March 27, 1977, when two Boeing 747s, operated by Pan-Am and KLM, collided on the runway at Tenerife, Canary Islands, killing 583 people
- 11/20/2003 – Istanbul explosions kill 27 and target British Consulate and HSBC Bank – These are the worst two attacks of their kind in the history of Turkey.
- Teen idol Jonathan Brandis dies at 27 from an attempted suicide the day before.
- Bob Hope died on July 27th at the age of 100
- Ada Byron, Lady Lovelace, known as the world’s first computer programmer lived from December 10, 1815 – November 27, 1852.
- Al Wilson of Canned Heat died at 27 from Suicide
- Wallace Yohn from Chase died in an Airplane Crash at the age of 27